Cream of Corn Soup
Here we have a very Mexican recipe since the main ingredient is “the corn" – which is nutritious, it provides lots of energy and it is a basic ingredient of the Mexican cuisine.
In this cream the corn is ground and is combined with other ingredients that complement its flavor and they cover it with freshness. Since it is a cream milk and butter is used; as base – which give a creamy consistency and a soft flavor.
Although this soup hides a trick since not all the corn kernels are ground... therefore while you eat it you will be enjoying some fresh and crispy corn kernels.
This is a perfect dish for the little ones because it is sweet. Likewise moms love it as it is easy to make, of quick preparation and the most important is cheap.
About the Recipe
- To make this cream you won’t have any problem because there are only easy things to make.
- This recipe is prepared with golden corn, which have to be canned.
- In the preparation some ingredients are fried with butter and we recommend using a fine butter so the cream has better taste.
- Preparation time .
- Yields 4 portions.
DirectionsBlend some Ingredients
- Put in a blender:
- 2½ cups of canned Golden Corn Kernels (17.6 oz).
- 1 can of Evaporated Milk.
- 1 cup of Water (8.4 fl oz).
- Blend very well the ingredients, then reserve.
Fry some Ingredients
- Finely chop 1/4 of an onion, 1 garlic clove and 4 coriander sprigs; the set aside.
- Melt in a saucepan over low heat 2 tablespoons of butter.
|Be careful with the butter don’t burn it because its flavor becomes bad and it will no longer serve.|
- Put in the saucepan:
- The Onion that was minced.
- The Garlic clove that was minced.
- Mix the saucepan ingredients and fry them for approximately 1 minute, until they look a bit transparent; stir regularly.
- Add in the saucepan 1/2 cup of canned golden corn kernels (3.5 oz).
- Mix the saucepan ingredients and fry them for about 2 minutes, until the corn kernels are lightly fried; stir regularly.
Cook the Cream
- Add in the saucepan, along with the other ingredients:
- The Mixture that was blended.
- The Coriander that was minced.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Nutmeg.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix the saucepan ingredients.
- Bring the cream of corn soup to a boil over medium heat.
- When the cream of corn soup boils reduce to low heat and cook it for about 5 minutes, until it thickens a little; stir occasionally.
Enjoy the Cream
with All your Family
Suggestion: If you want a very Mexican touch in the cream, garnish it with fried Poblano pepper strips.
Variation: This cream can also be prepared in the version of soup.
Did you like the Cream of Corn?
More Mexican Recipes
⋇ Garlic Shrimps
⋇ Shredded Beef Salad
⋇ Red Enchiladas with Chicken
⋇ Pork in Green Pipian Sauce
⋇ Octopus Ceviche