Chorizo and Potato
In Mexico is a whole experience to go to a taqueria and see behind a glass a lightbulb that lights many ingredients. Among those ingredients are the chorizo with potatoes and the tortillas.
The taquero simply has to proceed to make the tacos and in matter of seconds you have some tasty tacos in front of you. Now you are going to have the experience of preparing those tacos.
What results formidable of these tacos is that the chorizo’s strong and condimented flavor is softened with the soft flavor of the potato and at the end all these flavors are wrapped with the precise flavor of the maize. You will love them!
The chorizo an potato tacos are not only a main course they can also be served as appetizer on an independent plate or they can be served as garnish of diverse main courses.
About the Recipe
- To make this recipe you have to cook, chop and fry ingredients. Those are many activities to perform but they are easy to make.
- If you want to give a homemade touch to this recipe prepare the chorizo.
- You can also make the corn tortillas so your tacos will have more freshness.
- The tacos will be ready in .
- The recipe is for 10 tacos.
DirectionsCook the Potatoes
- Put in a saucepan:
- 2 Potatoes.
- The enough Water to cover the potatoes.
- Bring the saucepan water to a boil over high heat.
- Leave the potatoes cooking in the boiling water for about 20 minutes, until they soften.
|To know if the potatoes are ready, spear the potatoes with a fork. When you feel that the fork goes in and out smoothly the potatoes are ready.|
- Remove the potatoes from the saucepan, with a kitchen spoon and rinse them with cold water.
- Peel the potatoes that were rinsed.
- Dice the potatoes that were peeled and reserve.
Fry the Ingredients
- Finely chop 1/4 of an onion and 5.2 oz of chorizo; then set aside.
- Heat in a frying pan over medium heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Put in the frying pan the onion that was minced and fry it for approximately 1 minute, until it looks a bit transparent; stir regularly.
- Incorporate in the frying pan the chorizo that was minced and fry it for about 2 minutes, until it is moderately cooked; stir regularly.
- Add in the frying pan:
- The dices of the Potatoes that were cut.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix the frying pan ingredients and fry them for about 3 minutes, until the chorizo is well cooked; stir regularly. Then set aside.
Make the Tacos
- Heat on a griddle over medium heat 10 maize tortillas for about 30 seconds per each side, until they are well heated.
- Remove from the griddle the tortillas and put on each tortilla some of the filling that was cooked.
- Roll the corn tortillas or fold them as quesadillas.
– Some Delicious Tacos –
Tip: Put some lime to these tacos, is a very good combination.
Suggestion: These tacos can be served with pickled chiles , green salsa , guacamole , chipotle peppers in adobo , pico de gallo , etc
Variations: Taste these tacos in the version of tostadas or fried tacos.
Did you like the Tacos?
More Mexican Recipes
⊡ Spiced Coffee
⊡ Vegetarian Ceviche
⊡ Cream of Corn Soup
⊡ Mexican Style Eggs