Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Cactus Paddle with
Tomatillo and Coriander Salsa
With this salsa you will have the opportunity of tasting many of the most representative ingredients of the Mexican gastronomy, therefore it is a salsa that is full of Mexico. Although in this recipe we have a curious fact because the coriander is not originally from Mexico but it is so much used in so many recipes that the Mexican culture has adopted it as their own.
The best thing about this salsa is that it gathers the essence of the Mexican cuisine because it is spicy, acidic, fresh and is full of color and flavor . In the salsa you will find an interesting concept because the ingredients are cut into small chunks therefore this is not the liquid salsa that you possibly imagined. In fact it has so many fresh ingredients that it can even be confused with a salad.
When the time comes of using the cactus paddle salsa go to your favorite snacks because they will get an exquisite twist. It can also be used to put to some chicken tacos or simply place it on the center of the table and each person can enjoy it in their own way.
About the Recipe
- In this recipe basically you are only going to cut, therefore is easy to make.
- Preferably pick a cactus paddle that has an intense green color because this indicates that it has very good flavor.
- If the salsa is prepared with canned cactus paddle, the preparation will lose its charm.
- To make the salsa you will need 10 minutes.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
- Put in a bowl:
- 1 spineless and peeled Cactus Paddle.
- The enough Water to cover the cactus paddle.
- 5 drops of White Vinegar.
- Leave the cactus paddle soaking in the bowl for 5 minutes, to clean it.
- Transfer from the bowl to some paper towels the cactus paddle that was soaked, so it dries.
- Dice the cactus paddle that was dried, 1 tomato and 4 tomatillos; upon completions put them in the bowl and reserve.
- Finely chop 1/4 of an onion, 1 jalapeno pepper, 1 garlic clove and 2 coriander sprigs. Then put them in the bowl and also add:
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
|If you want to diminish the salsa’s hotness you can remove the veins and the seeds of the chili.|
- Mix very well the cactus paddle with tomatillo and coriander salsa, with a mixing spatula.
Tip: If some avocado dices are added to the salsa you will be very close of having a salad.
Did you like the Cactus Paddle Salsa?
☾ Zucchini and Corn Salad
☾ Cactus Paddle Salad
☾ Tuna Salad
☾ Cucumber and Yogurt Salad
☾ Jicama and Orange Salad