Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
This is an amazing salsa and by its name is possible that you imagine a spicy salsa with a combination of dried chilies...
The reality is that this salsa is a kind of exquisite spicy mayonnaise
, which is combined with pasilla pepper and serrano pepper, that make it moderately spicy. Within the salsa a sweet and smoky touch can also be found, that give a fantastic flavor.
The recipe comes to us from the family kitchens in the state of Chihuahua and it is ideal to accompany dishes with beef
but is also perfect to accompany vegetables and even salads
or why not also use it to give a lot of flavor to a sandwich
About the Recipe
- The preparation of this salsa is a bit complicated, follow the instructions very well.
- To make the salsa 2 eggs are needed, which have to be at room temperature.
- Among the ingredients 1 cup of oil is used, which has to be vegetable so the flavor of the other ingredients can be better appreciated.
- To make this recipe 15 minutes are needed.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
2 Serrano Peppers (.8 oz)
2 Eggs (4.9 oz)
1 Pasilla Pepper (.3 oz)
1 Tomato (7 oz)
1 Lime (1 oz)
1 cup of Vegetable Oil (8.4 fl oz)
1/2 tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
1 Mixing Spatula
1 Lime Squeezer (optional)
Perform Many Activities
- Remove the veins and the seeds of 1 pasilla pepper.
- Put on a griddle over medium heat the pasilla pepper with the one you worked and roast it for approximately 1½ minutes, until all their sides are lightly roasted; move it regularly with some tongs.
- Transfer from the griddle to a blender, with the tongs, the pasilla pepper that was roasted.
- Also add in the blender 1 tomato and blend very well the ingredients.
- Strain over a bowl the mixture that was blended and reserve.
Blend the Salsa
- Crack 2 eggs and just pour the yolks in the blender.
- Blend very well the yolks.
- Set the blender to medium power and pour 1 cup of vegetable oil in the form of a thread. Upon completion turn off the blender.
||It is vey important to add slowly the vegetable oil if not the mixture breaks and it becomes a mess.
||In case that the mixture breaks (the ingredients don’t integrate) don’t worry there is a solution. Transfer the mixture to a glass and pour 3 tablespoons of hot water in the blender. Set the blender to low power and pour the mixture in the form of a thread.
- Also add in the blender:
- The Mixture that was strained.
- The juice of 1 Lime.
Mix the Salsa
- Blend very well the ingredients.
- Transfer from the blender to the bowl the mixture that was blended and reserve.
- Dice 2 serrano pepper and put them in the bowl, where the mixture was put.
- Also add in the bowl 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- Mix very well the Chihuahua style salsa with a mixing spatula.
Creamy and Spicy
Leave the salsa refrigerating
for 1 hour so it has more consistency and more flavor.
Did you like the Chihuahua Salsa?
✂ Tuna Salad
✂ Chicken Salpicon
✂ Zucchini and Corn Salad
✂ Green Bean and Corn Salad
✂ Beef Salpicon