Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
The chilaca pepper is a fresh chili that may be you had heard but we are sure that you do know the dried version of the chilaca pepper, better known as pasilla pepper.
– The chili that we have as protagonist of this salsa is long, thin and of dark green color. The best of this chili is that it is full of flavor and its hotness level is moderate.
In this preparation the chilaca pepper is combined with few ingredients but a savory, strong and spicy salsa is obtained. It is an ideal salsa to use in any type of tacos and it can also be used in dishes that have beef.
About the Recipe
- The preparation of this recipe is quite simple since you only have to roast and blend.
- To make the salsa the blender is used but it can be substituted for a molcajete and in this way the salsa’s consistency and flavor will be much better.
- In less than 10 minutes the salsa will be ready.
- The recipe yields 1½ cups.
- Put on a griddle over medium heat 6 chilaca peppers and roast them for about 5 minutes, until all their sides are well roasted; move them regularly with some tongs.
|If you want to reduce the hotness of the salsa, remove the veins and the seeds of the chilies.|
- Transfer from the griddle to a blender, with the tongs, the chilies that were roasted.
- Also add in the blender:
- 1/4 of an Onion.
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Oregano.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
Recommendation: If you want to try the chilaca pepper in another recipe... prepare the machito pepper salsa.
Did you like the Chilaca Pepper Salsa?
Mexican Dishes with Beef
★ Grilled Steak
★ Spicy Cecina
★ Green Enchiladas with Ground Beef