Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
You possibly believe that you will taste a salsa that is full of contrasts but the reality is that you will taste the opposite. Although ingredients with opposite flavors are used in the preparation, when mixed they balance in harmony.
The yogurt is a bit acidic but in this recipe honey is used, which attenuates the yogurt’s acidity. Chili is also used in the salsa but the yogurt’s creaminess attenuates its hotness and strong flavor. It really is a light, creamy and very balanced salsa
The chili and yogurt salsa also has a special touch
because mint leaves are used in the preparation. The best use that can be given to the salsa is in dishes that have beef
– what the salsa is going to do is to give softness and freshness to the dish.
About the Recipe
- In this recipe you are only going to cut and mix; anyone can make it.
- It is very important to use natural yogurt, which must not be sweetened.
- If Greek yogurt is used your salsa will have a thicker consistency and it will also be more creamy.
- In 5 minutes you will enjoy the salsa.
- The recipe yields 4 portions.
1 Serrano Pepper (.4 oz)
1 cup of Natural Yogurt (8.4 fl oz)
25 Mint Leaves (.3 oz)
1 tablespoon of Honey
Pepper to taste
1/4 tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
1 Mixing Spatula
- Remove the veins and the seeds of 1 serrano pepper.
||It is very important to remove the veins and the seeds so the salsa has very good texture.
- Finely chop the serrano pepper with the one your worked and 25 mint leaves; upon completion put them in a bowl.
- Also add in the bowl:
- 1 cup of Natural Yogurt.
- 1 tablespoon of Honey.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the chili and yogurt salsa, with a mixing spatula.
Creamy and Light
If you still have yogurt
use it to make a cucumber salad.
Did you like the Salsa?
Mexican Dishes with Beef or Pork
❣ Grilled Steak
❣ Pork Picadillo
❣ Chorizo and Potato Tacos