Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Chipotle Pepper and
In this salsa we have a combination that the Mexicans like a lot because they love to mix fruit with chili and enjoy it as snack – and as proof of this combination we have the salad in a glass.
– We already know that this recipe is not a snack, it consists of a salsa... but the mixture of fruit with chili is also delicious in a salsa.
What we are going to do in this combination is to take advantage of the chili’s hotness and complement it with the sweetness of the pineapple ; this mixture of such different flavors generate a unique result. And to give seasoning to the salsa it will also have a smoky touch. It is a different salsa but we are sure that you will love it with some pork ribs or it can also be tasted on a beef.
About the Recipe
- This is a recipe that you will perform without any problem.
- The chipotle peppers have to be in adobo and they can be prepared at home.
- Don’t use pineapple in syrup because the salsa’s flavor will be altered.
- The preparation will take you about .
- With this recipe 1 qt of salsa is obtained.
- Put in a saucepan:
- 3 Tomatoes.
- 1/2 Onion.
- 2 Garlic cloves
- The enough Water to cover all the ingredients.
- Bring the saucepan water to a boil over high heat and leave the ingredients cooking in the boiling water for about 4 minutes, until the tomatoes are soft.
- Transfer from the saucepan to a blender, with a kitchen spoon, the ingredients that were cooked.
- Also add in the blender:
- 3 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo.
- 3 Pineapple slices without skin nor core.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
- Strain over a bowl the chipotle pepper and pineapple salsa.
|It is very important to strain the salsa so it has a soft texture.|
– Spicy, Smoky and Sweet –
* Since this salsa has fresh fruit it won’t last in the fridge more than 3 days.
Did you like the Chipotle and Pineapple Salsa?
Mexican Recipes with Beef or Pork
♓ Beef Burrito
♓ Tacos al Pastor
♓ Grilled Steak