Home >> Beef >>
This type of tacos
are very famous in Northern Mexico
. Unfortunately, this recipe has become a prey of many variations, mainly Tex-Mex
. To such a degree that the burritos that are served in some restaurants are no longer burritos ☹
Now it is important to define what is an authentic burrito:
- The burrito consists of a Big flour tortilla taco, which is folded with the ends inwards to keep the filling hot.
- The burrito filling can be prepared with many ingredients but most of the times it has refried beans as base.
- Within the filling also some fresh ingredients are added like tomato, avocado, onion, etc.
That is a real an authentic burrito, which you will prepare here!
Now about our recipe – this burrito has refried beans
mixed with ground beef
. Moreover this filling is complemented
with cheese, tomato, lettuce and more ingredients that you will like a lot.
You can serve
the burritos at any hour of the day for breakfast
, as appetizers
or as a main course. If you serve them as main course
you can accompany them
with a mixed salad
, Mexican rice
and pot beans.
About the Recipe
- Making the burritos is easy just pay attention at the moment of folding them because it has its “trick”.
- The burritos are prepared with large flour tortillas, of approximately 10’’ in diameter – if you don’t get them, you can also prepare the burritos with small tortillas and you will get small burritos.
- You can prepare homemade refried beans and use them in this recipe.
- Preparation time 20 minutes, recipe for 6 burritos.
.8 lbs of Ground Beef
1 cup of Refried Beans
1/2 cup of grated Cheese that Melts
6 Extra-Large Flour Tortillas
1/8 of a Lettuce
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
Salt to taste
1 Chopping Board
Cook the Filling
- Chop into strips 1/8 of a lettuce, then set aside.
- Dice 2 tomatoes and 1/2 onion; then reserve.
- Heat in a skillet over medium-high heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Put in the skillet the onion dices that were cut and fry them for approximately 1 minute, until the onion looks a bit transparent; stir regularly.
- Incorporate in the skillet .8 lbs of ground beef and fry it for about 5 minutes, until it is cooked; stir regularly.
- Put in the skillet:
- 1 cup of Refried Beans.
- Salt to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients and fry them for about 2 minutes, until everything is well integrated; stir regularly. Then set aside.
- Heat on a griddle over medium heat 1 extra-large flour tortilla on both sides.
- Remove the tortilla from the griddle and put on the tortilla’s center the following ingredients in the same order as given:
- Some grated Cheese that melts.
- Some of the Filling that was cooked.
- Some of the Tomato dices that were cut.
- Some of the Lettuce strips that were cut.
||The cheese is placed in-between the warm tortilla and the warm filling so the heat of these 2 ingredients will melt the cheese.
- Fold the tortilla ends inwards and then roll the beef burrito.
- Repeat the same procedure with the other 5 flour tortillas.
Some Delicious Burritos!
You can put a salsa
that you like to these burritos or you can also put guacamole
or sour cream.
The burritos can also be prepared with chicken
, grilled steak
Did you like the Beef Burritos?
Similar Mexican Recipes
➺ Tacos al Carbon
➺ Tostada of Chorizo with Potato
➺ Fried Chicken Tacos
➺ Tacos al Pastor
➺ Beef Flautas