Home >> Beef >>
The burrito is a dish originally
from the border city of Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua. This recipe consists of a large wheat flour tortilla that wraps different types of filling
. These type of tacos
are very famous in Northern Mexico. Unfortunately, this recipe has become a prey of many variations
, mainly Tex-Mex. To such a degree that the burritos that are served in some restaurants are no longer burritos ☹
– Although you will not have that problem here because we are going to teach you to make authentic Mexican burritos.
The beauty of the burritos is that they can be filled with almost any combination of ingredients that you can imagine
. The vast majority of the times they have refried beans as base
. Within the filling also some fresh ingredients are added like tomato, avocado, onion, etc.
Now going into our recipe, this burrito has refried beans mixed with ground beef. Besides cheese, tomato, lettuce and more ingredients are added to this filling that give a fresh
and super nutritious
The burritos can be served at any hour of the day
, as appetizers
or as main course. If you serve them as main course they can be accompanied
with a mixed salad
, Mexican rice
and pot beans.
About the Recipe
- Making the burritos is easy, just pay attention at the moment of folding them because it has its trick.
- The burritos are prepared with large flour tortillas, of approximately 10’’ - 12’’ in diameter. If you don’t get them prepare them yourself.
- In this recipe you will need a cheese that melts, we recommend the asadero cheese as it is perfect for the burritos.
- These burritos are prepared with refried beans, which you could buy them canned but its flavor is not that good... instead prepare them with us.
- Preparation time 20 minutes, recipe for 6 burritos.
14.1 oz of Ground Beef
1 cup of Refried Beans (7 oz)
1/2 cup of Grated Cheese that melts (3.5 oz)
6 Extra-Large Flour Tortillas (12.6 oz)
2 Tomatoes (14.1 oz)
1/4 of a Lettuce (3.5 oz)
1/2 Onion (2.4 oz)
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
1/2 tablespoon of Salt
1 Frying Pan
1 Chopping Board
- Cut into strips 1/4 of a lettuce, then set aside.
- Dice 1/2 onion and 2 tomatoes; then reserve.
Cook the Filling
- Heat in a frying pan over medium-high heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Put in the frying pan the onion dices that were cut and fry them for approximately 1 minute, until the onion looks a bit transparent; stir regularly.
- Incorporate in the frying pan 14.1 oz of ground beef and fry it for about 5 minutes, until it is medium cooked; stir regularly.
- Put in the frying pan:
- 1 cup of Refried Beans.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
Make the Burritos
- Mix all the ingredients and fry them for about 2 minutes, until the beef is well cooked; stir regularly. Then set aside.
- Heat on a griddle over medium heat 1 extra-large flour tortilla on both sides for approximately 1 minute, until it is well heated.
- Remove the tortilla from the griddle and put on the tortilla’s center the following ingredients in the same order as given:
- Some Grated Cheese that melts.
- Some of the Filling that was cooked.
- Some of the Tomato dices that were cut.
- Some of the Lettuce strips that were cut.
||The cheese is placed in-between the warm tortilla and the warm filling so the heat of these 2 ingredients will melt the cheese.
- Fold the tortilla ends inwards and then roll the beef burrito; then set aside.
- Repeat the same procedure with other 5 flour tortillas.
Some Delicious Burritos!
Accompany these burritos with your favorite salsa
and you can also put them guacamole
or Mexican cream.
The burritos can also be prepared
, grilled steak
Did you like the Beef Burritos?
Similar Mexican Recipes
➺ Tacos al Carbon
➺ Tostada of Chorizo with Potato
➺ Fried Chicken Tacos
➺ Tacos al Pastor
➺ Beef Flautas