Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
different and special
The chipotle pepper is widely used in the Mexican cuisine
and it can be found in many preparations. This chili is so much used that it has even found the way to be part of a vinaigrette
In this preparation we have the delicious combination of oil and vinegar – to which other ingredients are added to give a spiced and fresh touch to the vinaigrette. But when the chipotle pepper is added... the vinaigrette acquires another dimension because spicy, smoky and even sweet notes can be found
. Flavors that are normally not found in vinaigrettes. Be prepared because you are going to taste the vinaigrette like you had never tasted it before!
Use this vinaigrette in salads
that have lots of ingredients and it can also be used to give a very different seasoning to some steamed vegetables.
About the Recipe
- Making this recipe is the easiest thing there is.
- In the preparation the chipotle pepper in adobo is used, that can be bought canned or it can also be prepared at home.
- We recommend using extra virgin olive oil so your vinaigrette has better flavor.
- In less than 5 minutes the vinaigrette will be ready.
- The recipe is for 1 cup.
1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo (.5 oz)
1/2 teaspoon of Oregano
3/4 cups of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (6.2 fl oz)
3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 tablespoon of Salt
- Put in a blender:
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Oregano.
- 3/4 cups of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
Fresh and Delicious
If you wish you can add to the vinaigrette 1 finely chopped coriander
sprig, so it has more flavor and freshness.
The chipotle pepper can also be used to make a dressing.
Did you like the Vinaigrette?
✣ Tuna Salad
✣ Zucchini and Corn Salad
✣ Cactus Paddle Salad
✣ Mixed Salad
✣ Green Bean and Corn Salad