Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
– very very spicy –
A name that is widely used in salsas to denote how spicy they are... but this salsa is different, indeed it is spicy but it has more components that make it an extraordinary
The devil’s salsa is aromatic because many spices
are used in its preparation it also has certain smoky flavor because is prepared with morita peppers
. But that’s not all you will also find acidic notes because vinegar is used and certain sweetness coming from the red wine. Amazed by this original combination of flavors and aromas? Well the final result will be even more amazing.
The truth is that this salsa is for the spicy lovers and it can be used to accompany a numerous variety of dishes that may have from beef
and why not also appetizers
About the Recipe
- Although many ingredients are used, the preparation of this salsa is quite simple.
- This salsa can be prepared with white vinegar or with apple cider vinegar however it is more advisable to use apple cider vinegar because it mixes better with the other flavors.
- In the preparation red wine is needed and we recommend using a regular wine that is neither too expensive nor too cheap.
- The total preparation time is of 15 minutes.
- This recipe yields 2 cups.
10 Guajillo Peppers (3.5 oz)
8 Morita Peppers (1.4 oz)
1 Cinnamon branch (.1 oz)
1/2 teaspoon of ground Pequin Pepper
1/2 teaspoon of ground Ginger
1/2 teaspoon of Oregano
1/2 teaspoon of Paprika
1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar (8.4 fl oz)
1/2 cup of Red Wine (4.2 fl oz)
1/2 teaspoon of Pepper
1/3 of a tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
- Remove the veins and the seeds of 8 morita peppers and of 10 guajillo peppers; upon completion put them in a blender and also add:
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground Pequin Pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground Ginger.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Oregano.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Paprika.
- 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 1/2 cup of Red Wine.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper.
||By removing the veins and the seeds of the chilies, your salsa will have a more pleasant hotness.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
- Put in a saucepan:
- Strain the Mixture that was blended.
- 2 Cloves.
- 1 Cinnamon branch.
- 1/3 of a tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix the saucepan ingredients and bring the devil’s salsa to a boil over high heat.
- When the devil’s salsa boils reduce to low heat and cook it for about 5 minutes, until it acquires a more intense color; stir occasionally.
- When the cooking is done discard:
If you want to taste more spicy salsas
prepare the Tarahumara wild salsa.
Did you like the Devil’s Salsa?
Mexican Dishes with Beef and Fish
✆ Beef Burrito
✆ Shellfish Soup
✆ Beef Picadillo
✆ Beef Jerky