Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Serrano Pepper Salsa
This is a very special
salsa because it is a mixture between a pico de gallo
and a salad.
This means that many fresh ingredients are used in the preparation and the vast majority are cut into small chunks – it can be said that is a solid salsa.
As it is expected the main ingredient is the radish, a vegetable that grows underground and results very appealing to the eye due to its intense red color on the outside and white on the inside. Its consistency is crunchy and its flavor is slightly spicy, fresh and almost earthy. In this recipe the radishes combine in a very pleasant way
with the serrano pepper, the onion, the cucumber, the pineapple, the lime and more ingredients that you will discover in the preparation.
Although the serrano pepper is also very important in the preparation, the final flavor is not that spicy. And is the salsa that has to be used to accompany any type of tacos.
About the Recipe
- In this preparation only many ingredients are cut and at the end everything is mixed. It definitely is a simple recipe.
- Among the ingredients of the recipe is the pineapple that we recommend using it fresh but pineapple in syrup could also be used.
- When the radishes are bought pick the ones that have a vivid red color because those are the tastiest.
- 10 minutes are needed for the preparation but it also has to be considered that afterwards the salsa is left resting for 1 hour.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
10 Radishes (7 oz)
2 Serrano Peppers (.8 oz)
2 Pineapple slices without skin nor core (7 oz)
1 Lime (1 oz)
1/2 Cucumber (5.6 oz)
1/4 of a Red Onion (1.2 oz)
2 Coriander sprigs (.7 oz)
Pepper to taste
1/2 tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
1 Mixing Spatula
1 piece of Food Wrap Film
1 Lime Squeezer (optional)
- Finely chop 2 serrano peppers and 2 coriander sprigs. Upon completion put them in a bowl and reserve.
||If you want to recude the salsa’s hotness remove the veins and the seeds of the serrano peppers.
- Peel 1/2 cucumber then cut it lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Dice the cucumber with the one you worked, 1/4 of a red onion, 2 pineapple slices without skin nor core and 10 radishes. Upon completion put them in the bowl.
- Also add in the bowl:
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the radish and serrano pepper salsa with a mixing spatula.
- Cover the bowl with a piece of food wrap film. Put in the fridge the radish and serrano pepper salsa and leave it resting for 1 hour, so the flavors settle.
A lot of Freshness!
The radish salsa also exists in the version
of a salpicon.
Did you like the Radish Salsa?
Burritos and Tacos
✌ Chicken Burrito
✌ Tacos al Carbon
✌ Chicken Tacos
✌ Vegetarian Burrito
✌ Fried Chorizo and Potato Tacos