Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Little Radishes Salpicon
freshness and hotness
The “salpicon” is a mixture of various ingredients and when a strong ingredient is included like beef
, it becomes a complete meal. On the other hand when the salpicon is only prepared with seasoned vegetables and some chilies; it acquires the appearance of a salad
– but in reality is the perfect accompaniment of numerous main courses during a meal
As its name says the main ingredient of this salpicon are the little radishes
. A vegetable that grows underground and is very attractive to the eye for its color contrast – with an intense red color on the outside and white inside. Its fresh and spicy flavor combines in a very pleasant way with the habanero peppers, the onion, the coriander and more ingredients that are used in the recipe.
Although this recipe is categorized as salsa it doesn’t have the function of being added to tacos
Actually the little radishes salpicon is used as garnish of main plates, mainly of plates that have fish
About the Recipe
- In this recipe you are only going to cut and mix. We are sure that it will be so easy for you.
- When the radishes are bought chose the ones that have a vivid red color, those are the best.
- As typical Yucatecan salsa bitter orange is used, if you don’t get it use 1/2 cup of orange juice and 1/2 cup of lime juice.
- In the preparation you are going to work with habanero peppers and is a good a idea to use gloves.
- The preparation takes 10 minutes and then the salpicon is left resting for 2 hours.
- The recipe is for 2 cups.
12 Radishes (8.4 oz)
4 Habanero Peppers (2.1 oz)
2 Bitter Oranges (14.1 oz)
1 Red Onion (5.2 oz)
3 Coriander sprigs (1 oz)
1/2 tablespoon of Salt
1 Chopping Board
1 Mixing Spatula
1 piece of Food Wrap Film
1 Orange Squeezer (optional)
Cut the Ingredients
- Dice 12 radishes, put them in a bowl and reserve.
- Finely chop 1 red onion and 3 coriander sprigs. Upon completion put them in the bowl and reserve.
- Remove the veins and the seeds of 4 habanero peppers.
- Cut into strips the habanero peppers with the ones you worked and put them in the bowl.
Mix the Salpicon
- Also add in the bowl, along with the other ingredients:
- The juice of 2 Bitter Oranges.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the little radishes salpicon with a mixing spatula.
- Cover the bowl with a piece of food wrap film.
- Put in the fridge the little radishes salpicon and leave it resting for 2 hours, so the flavors integrate.
A Cocktail of Flavors
The radishes can also be prepared in the version
Did you like the Radishes Salpicon?
✧ Cactus Paddle Salad
✧ Cucumber Salad
✧ Salad in a Glass
✧ Tuna Salad
✧ Mixed Salad