Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
– Fresh and Healthy –
In this occasion we are going to work with an ingredient that is not used as much in the Mexican food “the radish”. Although it is not widely used, you may still find it in pozoles
, in salads
and of course that in this dip.
The radish dip is a very fresh and natural mixture
– perfect to serve in the summer months, when the heat is intense and lighter dishes are desired.
The spicy and very distinctive flavor of the radish is always present in the dip, although it is tempered
with the creaminess of the mayonnaise, the sourness of the lime juice and the softness of the yogurt. Obtaining an interesting and tasty mixture, ideal for snacking.
This tasty dip can be eaten with some tortilla chips
, crackers, vegetable sticks, etc. But it can also be used as dressing of a tasty salad or accompanying a dish with tuna.
About the Recipe
- You will like this recipe a lot because you are going to perform different activities, which are very simple.
- To make the dip natural yogurt is used, which has to be unsweetened.
- The dip is garnished with chives, in case of not having they can be substituted for spring onion stalks.
- In approximately 10 minutes your radish dip will be ready.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
4 Radishes (2.8 oz)
1 Lime (1 oz)
2 Chives sprigs (.3 oz)
1/2 cup of Mayonnaise (4.2 fl oz)
1/2 cup of Natural Yogurt (4.2 fl oz)
1/4 tablespoon of Salt
1 Chopping Board
1 Balloon Whisk or Mixing Spatula
1 Lime Squeezer (optional)
- Finely chop 2 chives sprigs, then reserve.
- Grate 4 radishes and pass them to a bowl.
- Also add in the bowl:
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise.
- 1/2 cup of Natural Yogurt.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the bowl ingredients with a balloon whisk or with a mixing spatula, until having an homogeneous mixture.
- Sprinkle over the radish dip the chives that were minced.
||Preferably put the radish dip in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, before serving, so it has a refreshing touch.
Fresh, Spicy and Creamy
recipe where yogurt is used is the chipotle yogurt dip
– try it you will like it.
Did you like the Radish Dip?
The Mexican Salsas
❁ Chili Macho Salsa
❁ Chili Water
❁ Green Salsa with Avocado
❁ Chipotle Pepper Salsa