Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
This salsa is very different from all the others, in fact is difficult to believe that it is a salsa because it basically consists of the combination of chili with melted cheese . Other ingredients typical of the Mexican salsas are also used to give more flavor to the whole preparation and as final touch spices are used to aromatize the scissor salsa.
The difference that there is between a melted cheese and this salsa are few, actually this salsa can be seen as a very condimented melted cheese and if you are adventurous it can be enjoyed as an appetizer. However what we recommend is to use it in tacos , the combination that is generated is phenomenal.
*The name of this salsa is very curious and unfortunately we have not been able to find out its origin. But we think that it is because the scissors can be used a lot in the preparation.
About the Recipe
- This preparation is a bit complex but everything is explained in detail so your salsa will be a success.
- The scissor salsa is prepared with Chihuahua cheese because it gives a very good consistency, in case that you don’t find it Monterey Jack cheese could also be used.
- In the recipe ancho peppers are used, we recommend buying them large and flexible because they have better flavor.
- The preparation time is of 20 minutes.
- This recipe is for 1 cup of salsa.
DirectionsWork with Some Ingredients
- Remove the veins and the seeds of 6 ancho peppers.
|It is important to remove seeds and veins so the salsa has better texture.|
- Put in a saucepan:
- The 6 Ancho Peppers with the ones you worked.
- The enough Water to cover the chilies.
- Bring the saucepan water to a boil over high heat and leave the chilies cooking in the boiling water for about 4 minutes, until they are soft.
- Take from the saucepan, with a kitchen spoon, the ancho peppers that were cooked and cut them into small strips. Then set aside.
- Dice 1/2 onion, then reserve.
- Finely chop 2 garlic cloves and reserve.
Fry the Salsa
- Heat in a frying pan over low heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add in the frying pan:
- The Onion dices that were cut.
- The Garlic cloves that were minced.
- Mix the frying pan ingredients and fry them for approximately 1½ minutes, until they look a bit transparent; stir regularly.
- Incorporate in the frying pan the small strips of the ancho peppers that were cut. Mix the ingredients and fry them for about 3 minutes, until the chilies are moderately fried; stir regularly.
- Put in the frying pan:
- 1/2 cup of grated Chihuahua Cheese.
- 1 Marjoram sprig.
- 1 Thyme sprig.
- 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix the frying pan ingredients and fry the scissor salsa for about 6 minutes, until it thickens and the cheese has melted; stir regularly.
Salsa with Cheese
* This salsa has to be eaten immediately , if not its consistency will become a mess.
Suggestion: Preferably put the scissor salsa in a clay casserole so it remains hot for more time.
Did you like the Scissor Salsa?
❆ Red Rice
❆ Refried Beans
❆ Potatoes with Peppers
❆ Fried Plantains