Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Serrano Pepper and
In this salsa you will notice some different concepts
because the serrano pepper is cut into strips, which are dipped in the delicious Mexican cream. When you taste the salsa you will also feel the strong flavor of the onion and of the garlic that helps to enhance all the flavors. And at last it also contains coriander that gives freshness and very good aroma to the whole preparation.
This sals is amazing because it is subtle and spicy at the same time
– a difficult combination to find in a salsa. Another very important characteristic of the serrano pepper and cream salsa is that it has many applications... it will serve you to sauce up some grilled chicken
breasts it can also be used to give a lot of flavor to a white rice
or to some quesadillas
and it can even be used to dress some steamed vegetables.
About the Recipe
- In this recipe you have to work a little but is not complicated.
- The best cream that can be used is the one that is made at home.
- To make the recipe oil is used and we recommend using olive oil because the salsa will acquire better flavor.
- The total preparation time is of 15 minutes.
- We give the recipe for 1½ cups of salsa.
3 Serrano Peppers (1.2 oz)
1 cup of Mexican Cream (8.4 fl oz)
1/2 Onion (2.6 oz)
1 Garlic clove (.1 oz)
2 Coriander sprigs (.7 oz)
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
1/4 tablespoon of Salt
1 Frying Pan
1 Cutting Board
Cut and Roast
- Cut 1/2 onion into slices and reserve.
- Finely chop 1 garlic clove and 2 coriander sprigs; then reserve.
- Cut 3 serrano peppers into strips.
||If you want a less spicy salsa remove the veins and the seeds of the serrano peppers.
- Put on a griddle over medium heat the strips of the serrano peppers that were cut and roast them for about 2½ minutes, until all their sides are moderately roasted; stir regularly. Then set aside.
- Heat in a frying pan over medium heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Incorporate in the frying pan:
- The slices of the Onion that was cut.
- The Garlic that was minced.
- Mix the frying pan ingredients and fry them for approximately 1 minute, until they look a bit transparent; stir regularly.
- Incorporate in the frying pan the strips of serrano pepper that were roasted. Mix the ingredients and fry them for approximately 1 minute, until the chili is lightly fried; stir regularly.
- Add in the frying pan, along with the other ingredients:
- 1 cup of Mexican Cream.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Reduce to low heat and mix the frying pan ingredients.
- Cook the serrano pepper and cream salsa for about 4 minutes, until it thickens a little; stir occasionally.
- When the cooking is done add in the saucepan the coriander that was minced and mix the serrano pepper and cream salsa.
What a Salsa!
Prepare another salsa, in which the serrano pepper is combined
Did you like the Chili and Cream Salsa?
✣ Mushrooms and Epazote Empanada
✣ Fried Plantains
✣ Melted Cheese with Chorizo
✣ Chorizo and Potato Tostada