Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Arbol Pepper and
The tomatillo is an ingredient that is very present in the Mexican salsas and in many other dishes. It is such its presence that the Mexicans look for different ways of combining them to generate more fabulous recipes.
In this case the tomatillo is combined with the arbol pepper therefore it is a very spicy salsa , it also has an acidic touch and is very well seasoned thanks to the other ingredients that are used in the preparation. If you like how this salsa sounds... get ready to taste it with your favorite tacos – it is a very savory combination.
About the Recipe
- In this preparation you are only going to perform simple activities.
- This salsa is very spicy because 5 arbol peppers are used, if you want it to be moderately spicy just use 3 arbol peppers.
- About are needed to make the salsa.
- The recipe is for 2 cups of salsa.
DirectionsWork with the Tomatillos
- Put in a saucepan:
- 8 Tomatillos.
- The enough Water to cover the tomatillos.
- Bring the saucepan water to a boil over high heat.
- Leave the tomatillos cooking in the boiling water for about 5 minutes, until they turn to a lighter color.
|Don’t cook the tomatillos for a long time because its skin breaks and its flavor becomes bitter.|
- Transfer from the saucepan to a blender, with some tongs, the tomatillos that were cooked; then reserve.
Roast and Blend
- Put on a griddle over medium heat:
- 5 Arbol Peppers.
- 1 Garlic clove with skin.
- Roast the chilies for approximately 1 minute and the garlic for approximately 1½ minutes, until all their sides are moderately roasted; move them regularly with the tongs.
- Transfer from the griddle to the blender, with the tongs, the chilies that were roasted; then reserve.
- Remove from the griddle the garlic clove and wait for it to cool a little.
- Peel the garlic clove that was roasted, then put it in the blender and also add:
- 1/4 of an Onion.
- 2 Coriander sprigs.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
Delicious and Spicy
Suggestion: Since this salsa is very spicy you should have a Mexican drink handy.
Did you like the Tomatillo Salsa?
Tacos and Burritos
❢ Chicken Tacos
❢ Tacos al Pastor
❢ Beef Burrito
❢ Fried Beef Tacos
❢ Chicken Burrito