Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Serrano Pepper Salsa
The tomato is an essential ingredient of the Mexican salsas. In this occasion the tomato is the protagonist and is mixed with serrano peppers and other ingredients to achieve a salsa that is fresh, spicy and with slight sweet notes .
The tomato and serrano pepper salsa is perfect to accompany a tasty shredded beef , some chorizo and potato tostadas or some tacos al carbon – or simply put it on the table and you will see how is used in many dishes.
About the Recipe
- In this preparation you are going to cut, roast and blend – you won’t have any complication.
- This salsa is moderately spicy, if you want to reduce the hotness just use 2 serrano peppers.
- Use fresh coriander in the recipe because it gives more flavor than in its dried version.
- The preparation time is of .
- The recipe is given for 2 cups.
- Put on a griddle over medium heat:
- 3 Tomatoes.
- 3 Serrano Peppers.
- Roast the serrano peppers for about 2 minutes and the tomatoes for about 5 minutes, until all their sides are moderately roasted; move them regularly with some tongs.
|The ingredients are roasted so the salsa has more flavor.|
- Transfer from the griddle to a blender, with the tongs, all the ingredients that were roasted. Also add in the blender:
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients and reserve.
- Finely chop 1/4 of an onion and 2 coriander sprigs. Upon completion put them in a bowl.
- Pour in the bowl the mixture that was blended and mix very well the tomato and serrano pepper salsa with a mixing spatula.
fresh and spicy
Tip: Hurry up to finish the salsa because in 1 day it will lose the tomatoes freshness.
Variation: Did you already try the Mexican style tomato salsa ?
Did you like the Tomato Salsa?
♔ Green Chilaquiles with Chicken
♔ Beef Salpicon
♔ Pork Picadillo
♔ Veracruz Style Fish