Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Avocado and Orange
Pico de Gallo
The variety of picos de gallo that the Mexican cuisine has are almost as large as the combinations of fresh ingredients that are found in a typical Mexican market.
– From this wide variety of ingredients we get the combination of avocado and orange, which integrate in a very different pico de gallo.
To get started is strange to have avocado and orange in a pico de gallo because avocado sounds like guacamole and orange sounds like salad and to make the recipe extremely different also cucumber and jicama are used. It definitely is a pico de gallo of another dimension.
And to make the recipe unforgettable it is presented garnished with avocado strips and underneath the strips there is a world of ingredients that are cut into small chunks . If your family is hungry and they cannot wait for the food to be ready... just put this pico de gallo on the table accompanied with some appetizer or snack and you will see that they immediately calm down – well, as long as they don’t finish the pico de gallo.
About the Recipe
- In the preparation you are going to work a lot and it can be considered complicated but in reality it is only laborious.
- To make this pico de gallo jicama is used and we recommend buying one that has its skin without cracks because this indicates that it is in optimal conditions.
- The preparation of this salsa will take you .
- the recipe yields 3 cups.
DirectionsCut Many Ingredients
- Finely chop 1 serrano pepper and 1 coriander sprig, the set aside.
|If you want a milder pico de gallo remove the veins and the seeds of the serrano pepper.|
- Peel 1/4 of a jicama and 1/2 cucumber, then reserve.
- Dice the jicama that was peeled and reserve.
- Cut lengthwise the cucumber that was peeled and remove its seeds.
- Cut into half moons the cucumber with the one you worked, then set aside.
Work with the Oranges and the Avocados
- Peel 3 oranges, making sure of removing the pith, then separate the segments.
- Remove the skin and the seeds of the segments of the oranges that were separated.
- Cut into small chunks the segments of the oranges with the ones you worked and then reserve.
- Cut into strips 1 avocado (8.8 oz) and reserve.
- Scoop out the pulp of 1 avocado (8.8 oz) and put it in a bowl.
- Mash with a fork the avocado pulp that was put in the bowl, until having the consistency of a puree.
Mix the Ingredients
- Also add in the bowl, along with the avocado that was mashed:
- The Chili that was minced.
- The Coriander that was minced.
- The dices of the Jicama that was cut.
- The half moons of the Cucumber that was cut.
- The small chunks of the Oranges that were cut.
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the avocado and orange pico de gallo, with a mixing spatula.
- Garnish the avocado and orange pico de gallo with the avocado strips that were cut.
* Since a lot of avocado is used in this pico de gallo, it won’t last more than 1 day.
Did you like the Pico de Gallo?
♧ Corn Guacamole
♧ Bacon Guacamole
♧ Watermelon Guacamole
♧ Banana Pepper Guacamole
♧ Escamoles Guacamole