Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Fried Red Salsa
We are sure that you already know that the red salsa
is spicy and very savory... it is also a very special preparation because it has sweet and spiced notes. But what is fantastic
about this recipe is that it can be prepared in different ways to obtain other results.
When the red salsa is fried it becomes soft and subtle since the oil covers it with its delicacy
. With this variation of the red salsa you can sauce up some eggs or any other dish that you have on the table at breakfast
time and it can also be used to season your favorite appetizers.
About the Recipe
- To make this salsa you won’t have any problem.
- The salsa is spicy because it is prepared with 2 serrano peppers but the hotness can be reduced by only using 1 chili.
- 10 minutes are needed to make the salsa.
- This recipe yields 2 cups.
2 Serrano Peppers (.8 oz)
2 Tomatoes (14.1 oz)
1/4 of an Onion (1.2 oz)
1 Garlic clove (.1 oz)
1 teaspoon of Oregano
3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
1/2 tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
- Put in a blender:
- 2 Serrano Peppers.
- 2 Tomatoes.
- 1/4 of an Onion.
- 1 Garlic clove.
||If you want a less spicy salsa remove the veins and the seeds of the chilies.
- Blend very well the ingredients and reserve.
- Heat in a saucepan over medium heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Incorporate in the saucepan:
- The Mixture that was blended.
- 1 teaspoon of Oregano.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix the saucepan ingredients and wait for the fried red salsa to boil.
- When the fried red salsa boils reduce to low heat and fry it for about 5 minutes, until it thickens a little and acquires a more intense color; stir occasionally.
Soft and Delicious
The red salsa can also be prepared
Did you like the Red Salsa?
✌ Red Chilaquiles
✌ Mexican Style Eggs
✌ Green Chilaquiles with Chicken
✌ Machaca with Egg
✌ Scrambled Eggs in Green Salsa