Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Ginger and Chili
This salsa has a curious history because it is a Japanese salsa that is prepared with traditional Japanese ingredients like the ginger and the soy sauce. Then the recipe was unveiled to the world and it was enriched with more ingredients like the oil, the honey, the mustard, etc.
...but that is not the end of the story because the ginger salsa also touched Mexican soil and that’s where it was complemented with chili. It is a salsa that has ingredients with very different flavors but when they are united in the same salsa the result is amazing – it is an explosion of flavors.
The ginger and chili salsa is very versatile and it can be used in various main courses and it can also be used to season salads or vegetables. We recommend using it in Japanese dishes like sushis or rice because is always fun to taste the flavors of a cuisine, like the Japanese and mixing it with the touch of another cuisine like in this case the Mexican.
– The salsa is not very spicy and although many ingredients are used in the preparation, the unmistakable flavor of the ginger can always be perceived.
About the Recipe
- In this recipe you are only going to cut some ingredients and then all the ingredients are mixed. It is very easy to make.
- The ginger has to be used fresh so the salsa is full of flavor, don’t use ground ginger because the salsa will lose all its charm.
- Soy sauce is used to make the salsa and you can use the type of soy sauce that you like the most.
- In 5 minutes the salsa will be ready.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
- Finely chop 1 serrano pepper and 2 garlic cloves; then reserve.
- Put in a bowl:
- 2 tablespoons of grated Ginger.
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- 4 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- 1 tablespoon of Honey.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Mustard.
- Pour in the bowl 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil in the form of a thread. While the oil is being poured beat the ingredients with a balloon whisk, until they are well integrated.
|It is very important to beat the ingredients while the oil is being poured, otherwise the ingredients will not integrate correctly.|
- Also add in the bowl:
- The Chili that was minced.
- The Garlics that were minced.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the ginger and chili salsa with a mixing spatula.
Mixture of Flavors
* This salsa will last 5 days in the refrigerator.
Did you like the Ginger Salsa?
✣ Tuna Salad
✣ Jicama and Orange Salad
✣ Chicken Salpicon
✣ Mixed Salad
✣ Cactus Paddle Salad