Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
a lot of mixture
This is another amazing salsa of the Mexican recipe book, that seems to have a salsa available for almost any occasion and for each dish.
By the name of the salsa it can be sensed
that there is going to be a lot of mixture and this is because of the ingredients that the Spaniards brought to America are used like the garlic, the onion, the oil, etc. And also Mexican ingredients are used like the pequin pepper and the bell pepper.
The surprise ingredient of the mestiza salsa is the avocado that gives softness and certain consistency to it
. When you finish preparing it you will have an exquisite and spicy salsa, that can almost be used in any dish that has beef
– it could also be used in appetizers.
About the Recipe
- To make the salsa you will work a little but everything is easy to make.
- In the salsa bell peppers are used and we recommend using them red because those are the ones that better color and better flavor give to the salsa.
- This salsa is moderately spicy because 6 pequin peppers are used however if you want it lightly spicy, just use 3.
- Only 10 minutes are needed to make the salsa.
- This recipe yields 2 cups.
6 dried Pequin Peppers (.4 oz)
2 Avocados (17.6 oz)
2 Bell Peppers (10.5 oz)
1/4 of an Onion (1.2 oz)
1 Garlic clove (.1 oz)
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
1/2 tablespoon of Salt
1 Frying Pan
1 Chopping Board
- Remove the seeds and the veins of 2 bell peppers.
||The seeds of the bell peppers are removed so the salsa has better texture.
- Cut into strips the 2 bell peppers with the ones you worked, then reserve.
- Finely chop 1/4 of an onion and 1 garlic clove; then reserve.
Fry and Blend
- Heat in a frying pan over medium heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Incorporate in the frying pan:
- The strips of the Bell Peppers that were cut.
- The Onion that was minced.
- The Garlic clove that was minced.
- Mix the frying pan ingredients and fry them for approximately 1½ minutes, until they are lightly fried; stir regularly.
- Add in the frying pan 6 dried pequin peppers, mix the ingredients and fry them for about 30 seconds, until the pequin peppers are lightly fried; stir regularly.
- Transfer from the frying pan to a blender all the ingredients that were fried. Also add in the blender:
- The pulp of 2 Avocados.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
A lot of Combination
The delicious flavor of this salsa will only last
24 hours because the avocado doesn’t preserve for a long time.
If you liked this salsa you will also love the bell pepper salsa.
Did you like the Mestiza Salsa?
Ω Mandarin Pico de Gallo
Ω White Rice
Ω Melted Cheese with Peppers
Ω Ranch Style Eggs
Ω Mixed Salad