Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
It doesn’t matter what type of food you like... if you like the beef is very likely that you will see on your table, on more than one occasion, a good plate of barbecue . Now, when you have that plate of barbecue you will be confronted with choosing the gravy or salsa that you want to use to season it.
As we already know there are many types of salsas and gravies that can be used on the barbecue but among all these there is one that stands out, the Mexican style barbecue salsa. The reason why it stands is for its hotness, its spiced flavor and its aroma . The way in which it complements the barbecue is perfect, is the best salsa that can be used to put to your barbecue.
Don’t limit yourself and use all the power of this salsa in other dishes, is not only limited to barbecue. It can also be used in dishes that have beef like a grilled steak , a steak with onions , etc.
About the Recipe
- This salsa requires very little experience in the kitchen.
- If you have time this recipe can be prepared in molcajete and the result is going to be much better.
- Be careful, cumin is used in the preparation and don’t use it in excess because it bitters.
- The preparation time is of 10 minutes.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
DirectionsCook the Tomatillos
- Put in a saucepan:
- 10 Tomatillos.
- The enough Water to cover all the tomatillos.
- Bring the saucepan water to a boil over high heat.
- Leave the tomatillos cooking in the boiling water for about 5 minutes, until they turn to a lighter color.
|Don’t cook the tomatillos for a long time, because its skin breaks and its flavor becomes bitter.|
- Transfer from the saucepan to a blender, with a kitchen spoon, all the tomatillos that were cooked.
- Also add in the blender 1/2 cup of water (4.2 fl oz) and reserve.
|Preferably use the water that was used to cook the tomatillos because it has more flavor.|
Roast and Blend
- Put on a griddle over medium heat:
- 10 Arbol Peppers.
- 5 Morita Peppers.
- Roast the arbol peppers for about 40 seconds and the morita peppers for approximately 1½ minutes, until all their sides are lightly roasted; move them regularly with some tongs.
- Transfer from the griddle to the blender all the chilies that were roasted.
- Also add in the blender:
- 1/4 of an Onion.
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- 1 teaspoon of Oregano.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
Suggestion: The drunk salsa is also excellent to accompany barbecue
Did you like the Barbecue Salsa?
☑ Green Pipian
☑ Black Mole
☑ Sesame Seed Salsa
☑ Mulatto Salsa
☑ Chili Water