Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Pasilla Pepper Salsa
with a sweet touch
This salsa is simple because few ingredients are used and its preparation is not complex. Although it is not a very elaborated salsa, indeed is delicious and very practical.
The pasilla pepper flavor is the one that predominates in the salsa, which is intense, toasted, slightly sweet and although you don’t believe it has chocolate touches
. This chili also gives spiciness to the salsa that combines in a delicious way with the acidity and the freshness of the tomatillos, that also form part of the salsa.
But the best of this salsa is that it will serve us to accompany appetizers
, tortas... and although you don’t believe it can also be used to bath
dishes with meat
– it can be said that is a salsa that combines with almost any dish.
About the Recipe
- In this preparation you only have to cook and roast; it really is very simple.
- When the pasilla peppers are bought don’t pick the ones that have transparent parts because they may have worms.
- In the recipe tomatillos are used, we recommend buying the medium size ones because they have better flavor.
- In about 10 minutes the salsa will be ready.
- With this preparation you will have 2 cups of salsa.
2 Pasilla Peppers (.7 oz)
8 Tomatillos (14.1 oz)
2 Garlic cloves (.2 oz)
1/2 tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
1 Kitchen Spoon
Cook the Tomatillos
- Put in a saucepan:
- 8 Tomatillos.
- The enough Water to cover the tomatillos.
- Bring the saucepan water to a boil over high heat.
- Leave the tomatillos cooking in the boiling water for about 5 minutes, until they turn to a lighter color.
||Don’t cook the tomatillos for a long time because its skin breaks and its flavor becomes bitter and very unpleasant.
- Transfer from the saucepan to a blender, with a kitchen spoon, the tomatillos that were cooked; then reserve.
Roast and Blend
- Remove the seeds and the veins of 2 pasilla peppers.
- Put on a griddle over medium heat:
- The 2 Pasilla Peppers with the ones you worked.
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- Roast the griddle ingredients for approximately 1½ minutes, until all their sides are lightly roasted; move them regularly with some tongs.
- Transfer from the griddle to the blender, with the tongs, the ingredients that were roasted.
- Also add in the blender 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
A Lot of Flavor
If you liked the spicy
flavor of the pasilla pepper, make sure to try the jet salsa.
Did you like the Pasilla Salsa?
Dishes with Meat
❂ Grilled Steak
❂ Pork in Adobo
❂ Steak with Onions