Home >> Salsas y Dips >>
A dip is a type of salsa with thick consistency, which is used to smear on a food generally more solid. Although there’s also the style of dipping the food in the dip so then it can be enjoyed with the dip.
– The variety of dips that can be elaborated is so broad that almost any ingredient can become a dip. Although in this occasion we are going to focus
in the shrimp.
What is waiting for you in this dip is a mixture with a creamy, sweet, fresh, seasoned and a bit spicy flavor
. To make the dip more interesting also crispy textures can be found that will delight your palate.
This shrimp dip is perfect to smear on crackers, bread
, vegetable sticks, etc. You can also make your own combinations, we are sure that you will find many different ways of using it.
About the Recipe
- The only laborious part in this recipe consists of cooking the shrimps because the directions have to be followed carefully, afterwards everything is easy.
- A point of hotness is added to this dip with the Tabasco salsa. The recipe is given with 1/4 tablespoon of Tabasco salsa. However if you would like the dip spicier 1/2 tablespoon of Tabasco salsa can be added – but don’t use more because it will cover the rest of the flavors.
- We recommend buying fresh or frozen shrimps because they will give more flavor to your dip.
- If the shrimps are bought peeled and cooked some flavor will be lost but you will save a few steps in the preparation.
- In 15 minutes your dip will be ready.
- This recipe will yield 8 portions.
1.1 lbs of Shrimps
1 Lime (1 oz)
1/2 Celery stalk (.8 oz)
1/4 of an Onion (1.7 oz)
3/4 of a cup of Mayonnaise (6 fl oz)
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tablespoon of Tabasco salsa
Pepper to taste
1/4 tablespoon of Salt
1 Chopping Board
1 Mixing Spatula
1 Lime Squeezer (optional)
Cook the Shrimps
- Clean 1.1 lbs of shrimps and peel them.
- Remove the head of the shrimps that were peeled and the vein that is located in the upper back; then set aside.
- Put in a saucepan:
- The enough Water to cover all the shrimps with the ones you worked.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Bring the saucepan water to a boil over high heat. When it boils incorporate the shrimps with the ones you worked and leave them cooking in the boiling water for about 3 minutes, until they are moderately cooked and they acquire a pink color.
- Immediately transfer form the saucepan to a colander the shrimps that were cooked and rinse them with cold water. Upon completion put them in a blender.
||The shrimps are rinsed with cold water so they don’t keep on cooking until being overcooked. In this way the shrimps maintain a good consistency and flavor.
Work with the Other Ingredients
- Blend very well the shrimps, pour them in a bowl and reserve.
- Finely chop 1/4 of an onion and 1/2 celery stalk; then put them in the bowl.
- Also add in the bowl:
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- 3/4 of a cup of Mayonnaise.
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Tabasco salsa.
- Pepper to taste.
- Mix very well the shrimp dip with a mixing spatula.
||Preferably leave this dip resting for about 2 hours so the flavors settle.
Keep preparing dips, now try
the avocado dip.
Did you like the Shrimp Dip?
More Recipes with Shrimps
✶ Shrimps to the Vinaigrette
✶ Shrimp Ceviche
✶ Devil Shrimps
✶ Shrimp Brochette al Achiote
✶ Garlic Shrimps