Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
acidic and different
When we talk about guacamole , almost anything is possible. It is a preparation that allows many variations . In this occasion we are going to enhance the acid taste with some exquisite tomatillos, whose flavor combines to perfection with the other ingredients.
In this guacamole the avocado is mixed with many ingredients that have different consistencies and textures. The flavor is quite varied as it is acidic, spicy and a little strong ... besides you will find many interesting notes.
Our suggestion to enjoy the tomatillo guacamole is not limited to a delicious snack with some tortilla chips , it can also be served as an accompaniment of some fried chicken tacos , a delicious grilled fish or a simple peasant rice.
About the Recipe
- To prepare this guacamole only some simple steps have to be followed.
- In this recipe the tomatillos are roasted so their acidity decreases and in this way we get a pleasant, soft and fresh flavor.
- We recommend buying tomatillos that are big, hard and with an intense green color – they are the best for this recipe.
- This guacamole is seasoned with avocado leaf and it is very important to use it because it gives a touch that is sweet and aniseed and a slightly nutty flavor. In case that you don’t have it just omit it.
- The preparation time is of .
- The recipe is for 2 guacamole cups.
DirectionsRoast and Blend
- Put on a griddle over medium heat:
- 3 Tomatillos.
- 1 Avocado Leaf.
- Roast the griddle ingredients for about 2 minutes, until all their sides are moderately roasted; move them regularly with some tongs.
|It may be possible that the avocado leaf will be ready before the tomatillos. In the moment that it is moderately browned remove it from the griddle.|
- Transfer from the griddle to a blender, with the tongs, the ingredients that were roasted; then reserve.
- Remove the seeds and the veins of 2 serrano peppers, then put them in the blender.
|If you want your tomatillo guacamole to come out a little more spicy don’t remove the veins of the serrano peppers.|
- Also add in the blender:
- 1/3 of an Onion.
- 2 Coriander sprigs.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend slightly the ingredients and reserve.
|It is looked for the ingredients to end up into small chunks so the guacamole has more textures and more consistency.|
Mix the Ingredients
- Scoop out the pulp of 4 avocados and put it in a bowl; reserve 1 avocado pit.
- Mash with a fork the avocados’ pulp that was put in the bowl, until having the consistency of a puree.
- Incorporate in the bowl the mixture that was blended.
- Mix very well the bowl ingredients with a mixing spatula.
- Insert in the tomatillo guacamole, the avocado pit that was reserved.
|The avocado pit serves to preserve the tomatillo guacamole for a longer time.|
Acidic and Delicious
* Eat this guacamole as soon as possible so it is very fresh .
Variation: Another spicy guacamole and full of contrasts the manzano pepper guacamole.
Did you like the Guacamole?
✺ Chili Macho Salsa
✺ Green Salsa with Avocado
✺ Chili Water