Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
– with radishes –
There was no way that this would not happen... the gastronomy of Veracruz also had to provide their guacamole
recipe and it is made in a very original way, by including radishes in the preparation.
The curious thing about this preparation is that the radishes are not a vegetable that characterizes the state of Veracruz, the Jarochans simply came up with this way of making the guacamole and they got a great recipe because the guacamole acquires a crunchy consistency and a delicious strong and spicy flavor
Although the best part of the Veracruzan guacamole is the combination of its opposite flavors
that are generated by combining the avocado with the radish. It is a very good combination that can be used to put to tacos
, to a melted cheese
or to some breaded shrimps.
About the Recipe
- As any other guacamole this one is also very easy to make.
- When buying the avocados pick the ones that are a little bit soft because this indicates that they are just right.
- To make this preparation just 10 minutes are needed.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
2 Avocados (17.6 oz)
4 Radishes (2.8 oz)
1 Lime (1 oz)
1/2 Jalapeno Pepper (.2 oz)
1/4 of an Onion (1.2 oz)
1 Coriander sprig (.3 oz)
1/2 tablespoon of Salt
1 Cutting Board
1 Mixing Spatula
1 Lime Squeezer (optional)
- Dice 1/4 of an onion and 4 radishes; then reserve.
- Remove the veins and the seeds of 1/2 jalapeno pepper.
- Finely chop the jalapeno pepper with the one you worked and 1 coriander sprig; then reserve.
Mix the Ingredients
- Scoop out the pulp of 2 avocados and put it in a bowl; reserve 1 avocado pit.
- Mash with a fork the avocados’ pulp that was put in the bowl, until having the consistency of a puree.
- Add in the bowl:
- The Onion dices that were cut.
- The dices of the Radishes that were cut.
- The Chili that was minced.
- The Coriander that was minced.
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
||The lime juice is very important because it is used for the avocado not to oxidize.
- Mix very well the bowl ingredients with a mixing spatula.
- Insert in the Veracruzan guacamole the avocado pit that was reserved.
||The avocado pit serves to preserve the guacamole for a longer time.
Soft and Crunchy
If you want to keep enjoying
the radish’s flavor, prepare the radish dip.
Did you like the Guacamole?
More Mexican Recipes
☮ Machaca with Egg
☮ Chicken Salpicon
☮ Shellfish Soup
☮ Vegetarian Burrito