Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Mango Pico de Gallo
– A Great Recipe –
If you are a fan of the mango and you love it for its sweetness... possibly you would want to venture in another facet that the mango has, which consists in mixing it with other ingredients that are spicy – which gives as a result a salsa with extraordinary flavors .
The pico de gallo is a typical Mexican salsa, it is very popular and is normally served in traditional dishes like quesadillas , molletes, burritos , etc. It is also important to mention that the salsa is fresh and its ingredients are cut into small chunks. In this pico de gallo variation mango is added, that serves to provide sweetness to the whole preparation.
When pork loin or leg is prepared use this salsa to accompany them and you have no clue of how savory this combination is. It can also be used in some dishes that have fish or shellfish.
About the Recipe
- The preparation of this salsa is for beginners.
- In the recipe red onion is used and don’t substitute it for white onion because its flavor is very strong for this salsa.
- In 10 minutes the salsa is going to be ready and then it is left resting for 15 minutes.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
- Finely cut 1/2 red onion, 1 jalapeno pepper and 1 coriander sprig; upon completion put them in a bowl and reserve.
|If you want to reduce the hotness of the pico de gallo, remove the veins and the seeds of the chili.|
- Peel 1 mango.
- Dice the mango that was peeled and 1 tomato; then put them in the bowl.
- Also add in the bowl:
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the mango pico de gallo, with a mixing spatula.
- Put in the fridge the bowl and leave the pico de gallo with mango resting for about 15 minutes, so the flavors mix.
Colors in your Dish
Variation: If you want to prepare the pico de gallo with another fruit we recommend the mandarin.
Did you like the Pico de Gallo?
Mexican Recipes with Pork
☏ Pork Ribs in Green Salsa
☏ Pork Picadillo
☏ Pork in Red Pipian
☏ Chorizo and Potato Tacos
☏ Pork in Adobo