Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
– sophisticated and grainy –
This Mexican salsa is an exception to the rule because the vast majority of the Mexican salsas are prepared with chilies... and no chilies are used in the almonds salsa. So if you are not fan of the spiciness, the Mexican cuisine also has a salsa for you.
The almonds salsa is sophisticated and very versatile , it is also aromatic and it has a grainy texture that you will never forget. The salsa’s flavor is elaborated because many ingredients and spices that have very different flavors are used. It is a salsa that you cannot miss.
When a dish with pork loin or grilled chicken is served – we recommend bathing them with this salsa. Then the dish can be accompanied with a white rice and a green bean and corn salad. We are sure that everyone will like this combination.
About the Recipe
- This preparation is easy to make, you only have to work a little.
- To make the salsa is very important to use peeled almonds so the salsa’s flavor doesn’t have a bitter touch.
- The salsa is prepared with cumin and don’t use it in excess because it bitters.
- You will need about 20 minutes in the preparation.
- The recipe yields 2 cups.
DirectionsRoast and Blend
- Put on a griddle over medium heat 2 tomatoes and roast them for about 5 minutes, until all their sides are moderately roasted; move them regularly with some tongs.
- Transfer from the griddle to a blender, with the tongs, the tomatoes that were roasted.
- Also add in the blender:
- 2 cups of peeled Almonds.
- 1/2 Onion.
- 1 Garlic clove.
- 3 whole Allspice berries.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin.
|If your almonds are not peeled they can be put in boiling water for approximately 1 minute and then it will be very easy to peel them.|
- Blend very well the ingredients and reserve.
Cook the Salsa
- Heat in a saucepan over medium heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Incorporate in the saucepan:
- The Mixture that was blended.
- 2 Bay Leaves.
- 2 cups of Chicken Stock.
- 1/4 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix the saucepan ingredients and wait for the almonds salsa to boil.
- When the almonds salsa boils reduce to low heat and cook it for about 8 minutes, until it thickens a little; stir occasionally.
- When the cooking is done remove the 2 bay leaves.
Very Good Texture!
Suggestion: When the salsa is served garnish it with flaked almonds, the dish will look very elegant.
Variation: The almonds salsa can also be prepared with chili.
Did you like the Almonds Salsa?
Mexican Chicken and Pork
☉ Chicken Adobo
☉ Pork Picadillo
☉ Fried Chicken Tacos
☉ Chorizo Burrito
☉ Pork in Red Pipian