Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Morita Pepper Salsa
Smoky and Spicy
Is difficult to imagine the Mexican food without its variety of dried chilies and due to this are countless the salsas that result from these dried chilies.
Among all this range of dried chilies is the morita pepper . It is a smoky chili similar to the chipotle pepper, with some sweetness but very spicy and tasty.
This recipe is very simple because the morita pepper is only combined with tomatillo and garlic. The salsa that is obtained is spicy, it has an acidic touch and is full of flavor . Is definitely the salsa that you want to see on your table when you eat some quesadillas , some sincronizadas or some tacos.
About the Recipe
- In this preparation ingredients are going to be cooked and roasted. Your recipe will be a success.
- This salsa is moderately spicy and if you want to reduce the spiciness reduce the number of morita peppers that are used in the salsa.
- Among the ingredients that are used in the salsa are the tomatillos, we recommend buying those with the husk well stuck to them because they have better flavor.
- In less than 10 minutes your salsa will be ready.
- With this recipe 2 cups of salsa will be obtained.
- Put in a saucepan:
- 6 Tomatillos.
- The enough Water to cover the tomatillos.
- Bring the saucepan water to a boil over high heat and leave the tomatillos cooking in the boiling water for about 5 minutes, until they turn to a lighter color.
|Don’t cook the tomatillos for a long time because its skin breaks and its flavor becomes bitter and vey unpleasant.|
- Transfer from the saucepan to a blender, with a kitchen spoon, the tomatillos that were cooked; then reserve.
- Put on a griddle over medium heat:
- 5 Morita Peppers.
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- Roast the griddle ingredients for approximately 1 minute, until all their sides are lightly roasted; move them regularly with some tongs.
- Transfer from the griddle to the blender, with the tongs, all the ingredients that were roasted. Also add in the blender 1/2 tablespoon of salt and blend very well the ingredients.
A Wonderful Salsa!
* This salsa can be stored in the fridge for 1 week without any problem.
Variation: Taste the morita pepper salsa combined with red salsa.
Did you like the Morita Salsa?
✣ Squash Blossom Quesadilla
✣ Mushroom Quesadilla
✣ Huitlacoche Quesadilla
✣ Chorizo Quesadilla
✣ Requeson Quesadilla