Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
Jalapeno Pepper Salsa
The variety of salsas that exist in the Mexican recipe book is almost limitless. Change the type of chili, use a herb
or different spice or simply make it with another preparation technique and from each salsa numerous variations
can be obtained.
This is a salsa that is prepared roasted. In this case the jalapeno peppers are roasted, along with the common ingredients of a typical Mexican salsa (garlic, onion, tomato). The salsa will give us an unlimited freshness with a characteristic roasted flavor
. Furthermore it is seasoned with a mixture of cumin and oregano, that enhance even more the aromas of all the ingredients.
This is a tasty and spicy table salsa that can serve for almost any dish. It can be used in a breakfast
of eggs and refried beans.
It can also be put on appetizers
, etc. – or in some good chicken
tacos; even in a burrito.
About the Recipe
- In this preparation you will only roast and blend; anyone can prepare it.
- In the recipe 4 jalapeno peppers are used, if you think that it will be a very spicy salsa for you reduce the number of chilies.
- The salsa is seasoned with cumin and oregano, which have to be used in their dried version.
- In maximum 10 minutes, the salsa will be ready.
- With this recipe 2 cups of salsa are obtained.
4 Jalapeno Peppers (2.1 oz)
3 Tomatoes (21.1 oz)
1 Onion (5.2 oz)
2 Garlic cloves (.2 oz)
1/2 teaspoon of Cumin
1/2 teaspoon of Oregano
1/2 tablespoon of Salt
1 Measuring Cup
1 Cutting Board
- Halve 1 onion.
- Put on a griddle over medium heat:
- The Onion that was cut.
- 4 Jalapeno Peppers.
- 3 Tomatoes.
- 2 Garlic cloves.
- Roast the chilies and the garlics for about 2 minutes and the onion and the tomatoes for about 5 minutes, until all their sides are moderately roasted; move them regularly with some tongs.
||It is better to work with the onion halved because it roasts much better.
- Transfer from the griddle to a blender, with the tongs, all the ingredients that were roasted.
- Also add in the blender:
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Oregano.
- 1/2 cup of Water (4.2 fl oz).
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Blend very well the ingredients.
The jalapeno pepper is also known as cuaresmeno pepper
. Try the cuaresmenos creamy dressing
, it will give a a refreshing and spicy touch to your salads.
Did you like the Jalapenos Salsa?
✏ Steak with Onions
✏ Spicy Cecina
✏ Grilled Steak
✏ Pork Picadillo
✏ Chicken Adobo