Home >> Salsas and Dips >>
“Exquisite and Elegant"
This guacamole version can be the favorite of those who are fans of the dried fruits as it is not only prepared with walnuts... also a few almonds are used to accentuate the dried flavors.
And like all the guacamoles also many more ingredients are used to make a feast of flavors.
Although this guacamole has the particularity of providing contrasting textures as the avocado is smooth like butter while the nuts and the almonds are hard, rough and crispy. You will love this game of textures!
The walnut guacamole is an exquisite snack accompanied of some tasty fried tortilla chips or over a toast accompanying a tuna salad.
About the Recipe
- The preparation of this guacamole is very simple and it doesn’t require any experience.
- If you want some comfort and save a few steps in the preparation, buy chopped walnuts and almonds.
- To make the guacamole onion is needed, which can be white or red – the one that you have more accessible.
- This guacamole is aromatized with thyme which we give dried, although 1 fresh thyme sprig (.3 oz) can also be used.
- Only are required to prepare this recipe.
- Yields 2 cups.
DirectionsCut Some Ingredients
- Dice 1/4 of an onion, then reserve.
- Remove the seeds and the veins of 1/2 jalapeno pepper.
- Finely chop the 1/2 jalapeno pepper with the one you worked and reserve it.
Work with the Walnuts, the Almonds and the Avocados
- Crack 10 walnuts with a nutcracker, extract its pulp and put it in a blender.
- Also add in the blender 5 almonds.
- Blend slightly the ingredients and reserve.
|It is looked for the walnuts and the almonds to end up into small chunks so the guacamole has more textures.|
- Scoop out the pulp of 4 avocados and put it in a bowl; reserve 1 avocado pit.
- Mash with a fork the avocados’ pulp that was put in the bowl, until having the consistency of a puree.
Mix the Ingredients
- Also add in the bowl:
- The Onion dices that were cut.
- The Jalapeno Pepper that was minced.
- The Nuts and the Almonds that were blended.
- The juice of 1 Lime.
- 1 tablespoon of Thyme.
- Pepper to taste.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt.
- Mix very well the bowl ingredients with a mixing spatula.
- Insert in the walnut guacamole, the avocado pit that was reserved.
|The avocado pit serves to preserve the walnut guacamole for a longer time.|
A Guacamole with
Variations: We have numerous guacamole versions , all of them delicious and easy to prepare like the pomegranate guacamole , manzano pepper guacamole , corn guacamole , etc.
Did you like the Walnut Guacamole?
Keep Cooking Mexican Recipes:
↷ Mexican Rice
↷ Pot Beans
↷ Beef Picadillo
↷ Chicken in Adobo
↷ Chorizo and Potato Tacos